[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7265: Submodules of Web module can't work with mod.php and the _DISPATCH system

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Dec 9 20:37:51 CET 2008

Franz Holzinger schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker a écrit :
>> Franz Holzinger schrieb:
>>> $this->scriptID = ereg_replace('^.*\/(sysext|ext)\/', 'ext/', $path);
>>
>> It would be even greater if we could move typo3/ext out of typo3,
>> because it's local and shouldn't be within the sources, eg typo3opt/ext.
>> Then we could rename typo3/sysext to typo3/ext and we wouldn't need the
>> annoying check for sysext/ext in many places.
>
> Yes.
> maybe:
> typo3/sys/ext
> to avoid any confusion with the current global extensions.
>
> But it is fine to move the global extensions to another place.
>
> typo3opt/global/ext
> typo3opt/test1/ext
> typo3opt/test2/ext

The idea is to have the same name ("ext") and the same level (2) for all
three places:

typo3/ext
typo3opt/ext
typo3conf/ext

typo3opt (or however it is called in the end) is a container for all
machine wide data that the ISP provides for all TYPO3 installations. For
example it may contain also translations for all extensions in typo3/ext
and typo3opt/ext.

Masi