[TYPO3-core] RFC #8070: Feature: CSS styled content / scalable rendering of images

Mario Rimann typo3-coding at rimann.org
Tue Dec 9 12:50:40 CET 2008

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: New feature / Improvement of existing feature

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8070

Branches:
trunk

Problem:
Current CSS Styled Content Sysext renders images in the HTML output with
statical pixel based sizes. This is a problem when building a fully
scalable website where everything else is defined in EM instead of
pixels. (Everything scales up and down - just the image keeps it's size
which is ugly).

Solution:
Ralf Hettinger's Patch solves this problem by adding a new option
whether to render the image size in EM or not. If activated, the pixel
size is multiplied with a scale factor (which is also editable via TS)
and then rendered for the HTML output. Images will have a
style="width:xy em" instead of fixed pixel sizes.

Notes:
The original patch is from Ralf, I just refined it a little and write
the RFC now as the bug was laying around since some months and I'm in
need of a solution for this issue.

I could successfully apply and test it on TYPO3 4.2.3 without problems.

Cheers,
Mario