[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-hci] Re: RFC: #9863: [Feature] Adding sysext tsbrowser

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Thu Dec 4 20:37:58 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> I prefer to keep interfaces as simple as possible. It generally helps to make better UI.

  The simplest solution to this would be support of TS-Objects in the browser.php, but I doubt such a "simple" and "consistant" idea would make it.

  The TS-Browser was born in the TV TyposcriptObjectPath. You don't want to suggest to make it a TV-extension-extension, or to add additional extension-dependencies, including numerous HOOK-hacks to make this available?
  I don't install an extension to have the page-module either, do I? Strictly speaking it's not nessessary, I can do sites without. I don't even need the whole browser.php, I can look up the paths and write them down.

  It's wrong to percieve the whole TYPO3-core merely as a library, and you have to get even the most "simple" and "convenient" interaction with its features, through extensions.
  This is like having an image-processing program that supports meta-data; but you need to know all meta-definitions by yourself and you have to put them in a text-field ... you can find all the different meta-definitions in the internet, so no problem. Right.
  Success (in end-user markets) is proportional to accessability, if you conciously deny improvements of *basic* *in-core* accessability, it would be bad.

  Ciao
	Niels