[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9863: [Feature] Adding sysext tsbrowser

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Thu Dec 4 08:48:20 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov a écrit :
> Another thing is that such extension should probably advertised. Probably we should have "extension of the month" or even "extension of the week" column on typo3.org, where we could advertise extensions like Steffen's.
>
> What do you think?
I fully agree to your opinion about sysexts.

I think that the extensions on TER2 are not even categorized any more.
You can only search by the name but not by the category of an extension.
There should be another rating instead of the number of downloads there
should be the number of users who really have installed an extension for
more than 1 year.
An 'extension of the month' would not be helpful. They have already had
this at http://typo3forum.net and it did not have success. You will
still have a hard way to find useful extensions because the number of
extensions is so big.

I think the EM should ask the user when he updates the list of
extensions, if he agrees to transmit the extension keys of the installed
extensions to the server. So you could collect infos about the
extensions which are installed and show a statistic for each month at
typo3.org. So the others will see which extensions are used by most
TYPO3 users or in the category backend-TypoScript.

- Franz