[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #8826: calls to ini_set produces warnings

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Aug 31 16:39:35 CEST 2008

On Aug 31, 2008, at 9:28 AM, Ingo Renner wrote:

> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>

> Dmitry,
>
>> Solution: trivial, use @ in front of ini_set() and ini_restore() to
>> mask
>> warnings.
>
> Please try to come up with a different solution than supressing the
> warning with an @. The @ character is the most performance hitting
> single character PHP offers... Please use an if() to check whether
> ini_set is available...
>
> @see http://ilia.ws/files/ez_performance.pdf - Slide 23
>
> In general supressing warnings is never a good idea!

I believe that the @ by itself is not slow, it's the error that was
generated in the first place.

So using @ when there was no warning generated is not slower then not
using the @
without the warning. This is quite different....

I do agree that everything should be logged to a TYPO3 log...

			regards, Ries van Twisk