[TYPO3-core] RFC #1957: Feature: When deleting a record in the BE, MsgBox should show the record label

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Aug 29 15:11:08 CEST 2008

Rob Vonk schrieb:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: New feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1957
>
> Branches: Trunk
>
> Problem:
> When I delete a record in the BE in Web > List, I get a message box wit
> the following text:
>
> Are you sure you want to delete this record?
> [Cancel] [OK]
>
> Usability-wise, this could be improved by providing the record label (or
> the title):
>
> Are you sure you want to delete the record "My Record 1"?
> [Cancel] [OK]

You htmlspecialchars() the title twice. Once after you get it and a
second time when adding it to the attribute onclick.

Also you forgot to escape the string for a JS string. Any ' in the tile
will break the JS code. I think there was some code for that in t3lib_div.

Otherwise I think that this patch can go into 4.2. For 4.3 I'd like to
see a patch that shows the title in the message (as suggested) and also
translates the reference count message (with two new labels).

Masi