[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8995: felogin: replace user fields in display messages

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Aug 26 12:10:58 CEST 2008

Hi,

> * fill markers in own function
> * use function for getDisplayText and for normal templates, so you can
> use the markers at any place (thx for that hint)
> * used $GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user so no query is needed

Way better! I'm a happy man, now.

> * corrected the brackets (do i need glasses? :D )

:-)

> I didn't changed substituteMarkerArrayCached, if it should be extra patch.

I didn't go through Dmitry's article again, so I haven't checked how
relevant it is for your plugin. But you're right that it should be
another patch anyway.

> So new patch is attached, hope your vote multiplies with -1 :-)

Definitely a +1 now.

I'm just a bit sad to have to wait for 4.3 to have this feature...

I would say this should go into 4.2 as it doesn't change the existing
behavior and having this feature missing is more of a bug than anything
else.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter