[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #9217: typo3ajax::renderAsXML does not always render XML

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Aug 25 16:06:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

> How can $this->content be always an array if it could contain formatted
> XML? By using only one value that contains the XML?

At the simplest, it will be $this->content[0] = '<some xml/>';

because adding stuff to $this->content is done by setter methods that
take care that it's always an array.

> Hm. How many people do you expect to use this function? If there are few
> just normalize it, ie pass it through array2xml. And add a argument to
> all sendAs-function that take a tsring as value that contains the
> preformatted content (already as XML, JASON or whatever).

My impression is that just about no one uses that function yet (whereas
renderAsJSON is used in all new AJAX calls in the BE)...

> PS: I'm getting tired of backwards-compatibilty stuff.

...so I would rather not be backwards-compatible. But I guess that will
have to wait for Benni's opinion.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter