[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9204: Allow icons in select of tt_content CE plugin (list_type)

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Aug 21 11:53:04 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Bugtracker reference:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9204
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
>> This patch enables icons in selectbox for list_type, see screenshot
>>
>> Additional Information:
>>
>> To add an icon to this list you can add it with the addPlugin-call
>> like this:
>>
>> t3lib_extMgm::addPlugin( array (
>>           label,
>>           classname,
>>           //rel path to plugin icon
>>           t3lib_extMgm::extRelPath($_EXTKEY) . 'ext_icon.gif'
>> ), 'list_type');
>>
>> vg Steffen
>
> I cannot say I like the look. Looks ugly: icon line is above other
> lines, no alignment... Sorry, Steffen, -1.
>
> Additionally, how many plugins add this icon? None I think (kickstarter
> does not generate this code). Any thoughts about it?

Hi Dmitry,

i know that it looks "ugly", but that's the same problem in the CType
select. Extensions that don't add an icon have the label at the
beginning. So i didn't styled the select for now.

Imho using icons in select should use space.gif as default to have a
unique look.

And, right, kickstarter doesn't add. This option was introduced imho in
version 4, so it's not very well known by devs and kickstarter misses
this option yet. But this can change in future. I like to use the icon,
so it's more easy to identify a plugin entry, also maybe the possibility
to show this icon in page view / list view

vg Steffen