[TYPO3-core] FYI: Added feature #4686:Remove dependency of htmlArea RTE Spell Checker on php extension mbstring

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Tue Aug 19 04:27:50 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

> For the clariry... UTF-8 is double byte. Any cyrillic letter in UTF-8 is
> double byte. Save for german, latvian and other languages that have
> non-ascii characters.

Indeed! Sorry for this non-sense. Must have been dreaming...

I committed the attached follow-up patch because I forgot to add the u
modifier to preg_* operations when the content is encoded with utf-8.

Also, the spell checker button will be removed when the content encoding
is neither iso-8859-1 nor utf-8, because the script uses PHP xml parser
which supports only these encodings.

Regards,
Stanislas