[TYPO3-core] FYI: Added feature #4686:Remove dependency of htmlArea RTE Spell Checker on php extension mbstring

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Sat Aug 16 21:15:37 CEST 2008

FYI: The attached SVN patch was committed.

Type:
Feature

Problem:
htmlArea RTE Spell Checker requires PHP to be compiled with mbstring,
but mbstring is not so commonly installed.

Solution:
Aspell does not support spell checking of Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Lao,
Thai and Chinese. I think this excludes all double-byte charsets.
Therefore I think that we can drop the mbstring requirement and assume
that the contents of the RTE is single-byte. Manual is updated accordingly.

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4686

Branches:
trunk (revision 3982)