[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9167: Feature: Mark extension as write protected

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Aug 14 23:34:36 CEST 2008

Moreno Feltscher schrieb:
>> Back to the new option (which is of course completely unrelated to
>> lockType): I'd like to have the option named "locked" (= true) or
>> "isLocked", "excludeFromUpdates", "disallowUpdates" or something like
>> that, as it seems that write_protected means something more like a
>> "nobody can modify the files in the extension" which you still can do
>> with this option. It's more about the fact that it shouldn't be updated.
> +1 for "excludeFromUpdates"!
> "write_protected" could be capable of being misunderstood as Beni said..

write_protected is in the Context of EM - EM is not allowed to overwrite
the files.
For editing the files there is still an option in EM

Nethertheless it's good to collect options for a state of extension
which could be used in a rewrite of EM, which is needed IMHO. If i see
some of the code my hairs stand on end, eg such arrays:
$bla[EM_CONF][title]
It's no fun to change something there :-)

vg Steffen