[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9167: Feature: Mark extension as write protected

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Aug 14 20:28:47 CEST 2008

Hey team,

back from vacation, ready to get some TYPO3 (and DAM in the next days)
work done :)

The $lockType option is to lock something down for just a specific
installation, meaning f.e. that the "lang" extension (having lockType =
"S") can only be installed as a system extension, or at least, that's my
understanding of the option. I guess it was used so I could have a
global "tt_news" extension and the installations couldn't update the
tt_news by installing a local "tt_news" version overriding that. Does
this make sense (at least a bit?) ;-). btw. I never used that option on
purpose.

Back to the new option (which is of course completely unrelated to
lockType): I'd like to have the option named "locked" (= true) or
"isLocked", "excludeFromUpdates", "disallowUpdates" or something like
that, as it seems that write_protected means something more like a
"nobody can modify the files in the extension" which you still can do
with this option. It's more about the fact that it shouldn't be updated.

But in general: Great idea! Simple implemented! Thanks for your work
Steffen and Dmitry!

--
greetings,
benni.