[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8515: Speed up tslib_cObj->getTreeList by caching its results

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Aug 8 13:52:13 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> you probably just don't know that you're using them =)
> Either way, it doesn't slow down the system, at worst it's as fast as
> before. Even if you don't use recursion for startingpoint pages it would
> have taken at least one query to determine that without the patch and it
> will require a single query with the patch, too - just a different one.

Multiple concurrent inserts in tslib_cObj cannot be as fast as if they are not there ;) But we have so many inserts that it does not really matter... May be some time I'll come with additional config option to switch it off. We will see how many items will be in a new table. Let's try! :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team