[TYPO3-core] RFC #9094: Make simulate static a system extension

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Aug 5 12:43:09 CEST 2008

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Problem: The simulate static feature is not used all the time and
> therefore shouldn't be in the core itself. This way we can keep our core
> classes smaller and have optional features as - yeah - optional packages.

Good idea!

> Solution: Therefore I created an extension "simulatestatic".
>
> * I extracted all the necessary parts and also added a new hook in
> class.tslib_fe.php. In all the other cases I made use of existing
> functionalities and hooks.
> * I created an updater class that installs "simulatestatic" if it's not
> installed yet (and realurl or cooluri aren't installed either).
> * I rewrote some configuration options to have a better structure
> (config.simulateStaticDocuments.paramEncoding instead of
> config.simulateStaticDocuments_pEnc etc) the old ones are still usable
> of course until TYPO3 4.5.
> * I added a manual with the configuration options
>
> Notes:
> * Once this is in, we also need to update the core documentation, that
> the old variables are now deprecated and the sysext "simulatestatic"
> should be used.
> * Although the patch contains all script changes, I attached the
> extension itself so you have the manual and the ext_icon.gif as well.
> * I registered "simulatestatic" on typo3.org for now, don't know how to
> handle this.

The following should be removed:

+		'conflicts' => array(
+			'realurl' => '0.0.0-0.0.0',
+			'cooluri' => '0.0.0-0.0.0'
+		),

Same for checkForUpdate in Install tool.
It is completely ok to have one domain in page tree with cooluri/realurl on one site and simulateStatic on another.

Also $_funcRef should be $funcRef.

One more wish... Feel free to ignore but most code uses $pObj for parent object reference. I though it may be good to use $pObj in the hook too.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team