[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9052: [feature] Remove JS popup when login expired

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 19:12:55 CEST 2008

In article
<mailman.1.1217502431.27143.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de>
IngoRenner <ingo at typo3.org> wrote:
>  Christoph Koehler wrote:

>  Hi Christoph,
>>>    So you're saying we should check the db in certain intervals to
>>> get the real expiry time? I like that idea. However, every time I
>>> make an ajax call, the session seems to be renewed, so I can't ever
>>> check the expiry with ajax in the background without refreshing the
>>> session,which would make the whole popup idea pointless.

>  basically the current popup solution knows when the session epires,
> right? So ther must be an update mechanism already whcih you can use.

The way it works is all client side. The session on the server side
determines the timer on the client side. It's updated on every page
load, so server and client are just loosely coupled. Doing an ajax
request to check for timeout would itself refresh the timer because
it's a "page load", i.e. it loads init.php.
>  Other than that I would just leave out the countdown you implemented
> and just dim the screen and show the login when the session expired.
> Which basically is what happens now already - just with the popup.

I like the countdown, that way I don't have to type my login
information if I catch it early enough. Much more convenient.

Hope that somehow answered your questions. Let me know if something is
still unclear.

Christoph

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 416 days.
You should really try it!