[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9046: Nested domain linking with domain record on root page

Tobias Liebig liebig at networkteam.com
Fri Aug 1 09:44:54 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Tobias Liebig wrote:
>> -----------------------------
>> Case 1:
>> - "Subsite Domain B" has an own template
>
> It is not the only thing that matters. You should also have "Is site
> root?" checked for every domain in page properties.

Yeah, you're right. Forgot to wrote that:
"Is root of website:" was enabled for "Subsite Domain B" in my tests

> I can say that in February I spent almost two weeks working on the issue
> full time for the large client. Still it was not resolved completely.
> There were lots of issues with nested domains, including wrong links in
> menu.

after my tests i think christophers patch will make the nested domain
handling a little less buggy. :-)

> I think RealURL should work more or less correctly with nested domains
> now, so should core. But it requires domain records and "is_siteroot"
> flag and root template (all three!) on the domain start page.

i can imagine some cases where it make sense to have a setup like in
Christophers example: Having nested where the subsite has no *root*
template (but inherit the upper template).
At least we have a customer with exactly this demand.

> I do not remember all details about this issue because it was long time
> ago. But I will definitely look at the issue again soon.

Thanks!

regards
    tobias