[TYPO3-core] RFC: bug #8192: typoLink generates wrong links

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Apr 29 09:09:30 CEST 2008

Hi!

This is SVN patch request

Branches: 4.2, 4.1

Type: bug

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8192

Problem: if file exists in the root of web site, file name is numeric and page with the same uid exists, TYPO3 (typolink) will always generate link to file instead of link to page. Therefore page becomes inaccessible. For example, if file name is 123 and page uid=123, TYPO3 will always generate http://domain.com/123 instead of http://domain.com/index.php?id=123 or http://domain.com/page1/pgae2/page2/ (with RealURL). It is not possible to get a link to such page at all. This caused pretty big problem on one of my sites.

Solution: quick-check that page exists and generate link to page instead.

Notes: I see this also as small security issue (anyone, who can put files to server may spoof a page and it will not be detected by any existing means). Seems like security team does not think it is important issue. So I post it like a normal bug.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team