[TYPO3-core] RFC #8270: Bugfix: Hardcoded labels in title-attributes in backends right upper corner icons

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Mon Apr 28 00:14:02 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> "Helmut Hummel" <typo3 at jhpc.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1209331758.14232.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Benjamin Mack schrieb:
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> +1 on this issue. I don't know though if the variable $title is needed
>>> since it's only used once (and I think most parts of the core do it
>>> without the variable also), so just inserting the $LANG label should be
>>> it.
>>
>> And I also think, we don't need the htmlspecialchars, do we?
>>

> As these labels coming from xml you're right, as they can't have html
> chars or hsc is done before, labels from TS are also HSC'd so in this case
> it's dispensable. But i would like to have an affirmation.
>
> vg Steffen

And the labels in xml-file was creates by translators. It´s not impossible
that they type e.g. a "&" instead of "&amp;". I dont now what happend, but
if hsc done before, htmlspecialchars could be remove.

What we do with the other htmlspecialchars like in
typo3_src-4.2.0/typo3/classes/class.backendsearchmenu.php at line 76
typo3_src-4.2.0/typo3/classes/class.clearcachemenu.php at lines 65, 76, 87 ?

Saludos
Stefano
--
GPG-ID: 0x2B08936D
Key-Fingerprint: 7F31 BCF0 70C0 B3B1 1235 07E9 1777 D7A0 2B08 936D