[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7612: cannot clear extension's FE cache from Backend

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Apr 23 09:55:34 CEST 2008

Hi Olly,

"Oliver Hader" <oliver at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1208936703.29223.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Type: Bugfix
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=87612
>
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7612
> (too fast again *g*)
>
>> Branches: 4.2
>>
>> Problem:
>> Clearing all caches is meant for "all" cache tables, that means all
>> system tables start with cache_*
>> Actually only 3 of them are cleared, remaining tables not cleared are
>>
>> - cache_extensions
>> - cache_imagesizes
>> - cache_md5params
>>
>> Additionally there is a hook for extensions to add more tables.
>>
>> Solution:
>> I added a patch which clears this 3 tables too.
>
> I still can't see how this is related to the original bug description:
> * cache_extensions is for EM only
i removed this one, i also thought it holds actual extension configuration.

> * cache_imagesizes doesn't contain any text
but clearing this forces to generate the pictures instead reading them from
cache

> * cache_md5params is for URL handling/resolving - all "+M5..." URLs will
> e.g. then point only to the root page because GET params cannot be loaded
> anymore

ok i will check this. Anyway this thread might be good to clarify the usage
of the cache tables

> -1 since it seems to be a wrong bug description and has side effects in FE

yes, the problem described from Franz in bug report has nothing to do with
the patch, but the comment from Oliver does

So anyway don't feel disturbed while release ;-)

vg Steffen