[TYPO3-core] RFC #8130: Bug: addService() working with open_basedir and symlink

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Apr 23 09:03:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

> > It might be caused by the PHP 5.2.0 I am running. I found a bug
> report that is now closed :
> >
> > http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31309
> >
> > and says that the corresponding bug was fixed in PHP 5.2.3.
>
> But did you also see that the original report is more than two years
> old? If it is indeed a bug it must be exiting in 4.x and 5.x up to
> 5.2.2. In this case your fix must deal with the behaviour of is_link()
> broken or not.

This is why my patch does not rely on any supposition about is_symlink() being broken or not. It is independant of this as explained in my bug report. I think this problem really should be tackled with. It is nice to have a CMS that allows without too much effort to run with a hardened PHP/Apache configuration (I'm using suhosin, mod_security and PHP restrictions such as open_basedir and disabled_functions) and it should be nice to fix such tiny bugs that prevent a smooth run of _core_ API.

Regards
Xavier