[TYPO3-core] RFC #8159: Infinite loop when trying to install extension with constraints and configuration

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Apr 22 18:18:20 CEST 2008

"Jeff Segars" <jsegars at alumni.rice.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1208879917.23816.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey guys,
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Branches: 4.2 only
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8159
>
> Problem:
> When trying to install an extension with constraints (mininum TYPO3
> version, suggested extensions, etc) and configuration options, the user
> interface gets into an infinite loop because hidden form fields are
> outside the form tag and ignored when the form is submitted.
>

> Solution:
> Rearrange the extension configuration form and the hidden input fields
> so that the form elements are properly nested.
>
> The call to updatesForm() is what actually generates the form tag, so we
> need to move it to run a couple lines later, after all the form elements
> are available.
>
> Notes:
> Oliver describes some testing steps on the bugtracker. You'll want to
> make sure you grab seminars from [1] so that the suggested extensions
> are included.
>
> Steffen, Christoph, and I have done a lot of broad testing throughout
> the EM by importing, installing, and uninstalling extensions and from
> what we've seen everything has worked properly.
>

> Thanks,
> Jeff

Jeff already mentioned, +1 after reading and testing a lot

There is one issue left but this needs a seperate Bug entry: when an
extension has depending extension defined, there is a checkbox "ignore". If
you do so, it ends up in a blocked TYPO3 (TYPO3 Fatal Error: Extension key
"xyz" was NOT loaded! (t3lib_extMgm::extPath)), so the checkbox for ignoring
such extension install is wrong.

vg Steffen