[TYPO3-core] RFC #8130: Bug: addService() working with open_basedir and symlink

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Apr 22 12:27:35 CEST 2008

Hi,

> >> I would prefer to check for a symbolic link. If is_symlink returns
> true you
> >> can also omit the check if the file is within the open_basedir,
> because it
> >> would not work otherwise.
> >
> > I would prefer too, and I tested it before creating my patch but for
> an
> > odd reason I cannot yet understand, is_symlink() does not work
> either
> > and always returns false, just as is_executable()! I know this is
> really
> > strange!

It might be caused by the PHP 5.2.0 I am running. I found a bug report that is now closed :

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31309

and says that the corresponding bug was fixed in PHP 5.2.3.

I'll investigate this a bit further, though my production server is still running PHP 5.2.0. However this patch might be applied anyway if TYPO3 only requires PHP >= 5.2.0 (I think this is the case, isn't it?)

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers