[TYPO3-core] RFC #8130: Bug: addService() working with open_basedir and symlink

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Apr 20 19:45:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Can we discuss proper error handling for 4.3 later on? PHP's plain
> output of errors is dull, but directing them to a log isn't the answer
> either. So IMHO using @ makes sense, if you care to check for errors in
> your application. I would like to see a general method to deal with such
> situations in the Core (for both BE and FE).

I agree with Masi. I think it makes more sense to have the @ prefix that
blocks the PHP error messages and use proper error handling instead.
Anyway if PHP has an error message to send it normally means that
whatever you're trying to do is failing some way or other and that
failure should be caught and handled properly.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter