[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix 8001: Link Wizard not working if not in RTE mode

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Tue Apr 15 19:33:17 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> [cut]
> What is the difference between update and set link ?

It's rather a usability thing than a difference of functionality, I'd think.
That's why those two are now mutual, not appearing both on the same form:

As tabs page, file and folder may contain pretty much content (respectivly large
tree structures), it may be pretty inconvenient to update target, class or title
of existing links when opening them again without an update button (whereas "set
link" would be inappropriate, since one sets a link by clicking inside the
tree). Vice versa, there's no need for an update button at tabs external URL or
email - you'd use "set link" here.

> I tested last patch in FF only, but update button is never shown.

It only shows if
a) there's already a link (href) set
b) the link is of some "tree type" (page, file folder)
c) the type of the current link href and the chosen tab in link wizard match.

Cheers
Ralf