[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix 8001: Link Wizard not working if not in RTE mode

Andreas Otto andreas at otto-hanika.de
Mon Apr 14 16:12:38 CEST 2008

Hi Ralf,

thanks for the effort you have put into solving this isssue.

I have tested the patch and it is very close to get a +1 from me.

But first glitches around the behaviour of the update button have to be
solved.

Ralf Hettinger schrieb:
>>> For details, refer to http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8001
>> I'm missing the "update link" button with this patch. It's quite
>> uncomfortable to just change the css without it...
>
> that is true... but I can't reproduce.
>
> The update button has changed its behaviour a bit: It'll only appear if a link
> has already been set (... "update" ;) ). It wouldn't make sense to define a css
> class without having a href to link to.
>
> Have you made sure, that there was a href set before when you had no update
> button (i.e. reopening the wizard on an existing link)? If so, please let me
> know which browser you're using and if you have no update in any page tab.

I used the link wizard on a new CE.

1. The wiazrd opens in the "Page" tab. Fine.
2. I select "External url". No "Update" button.
3. I enter a URL and save.
4. I use the link wizard again.
5. The wizard opens the "External url" tab. No update button.

1. I use the link zard again.
2. The wizard opens the "External url" tab. No update button.
3. I select the "Page" tab.
4. I select a page.
5. I select "External url". There is an update button. But that makes no
sense IMHO since the URL field is empty. What am I supposed to update here?

Cheers,
Andreas

--

Amazon wishlist: <http://www.amazon.de/gp/registry/14PIOKAJCIH95>