[TYPO3-core] RFC: 8108: Extension configuration options are not always shown

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Sat Apr 12 17:56:07 CEST 2008

Hey guys,

This is a SVN patch request.

Branches: 4.2 only

Type: Bugfix

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8108

Problem:
When importing an extension from the TER, any required database updates
are shown. Extension configuration options are not shown, however, and
there's not a message that configuration options will be available upon
install.

The attached screenshot from Steffen shows what the this looks like
during installation of wec_map, which does have extension configuration
options.

Solution:
This behavior was introduced in changeset 2643, which adds user function
support in the Constants Editor.

As part of a cleanup to the updatesForm() method, the extension
configuration processing was moved out of updatesForm() and into another
method. The updatesForm() method is called from several locations,
however, so this caused the missing extension configuration.

I've reverted updatesForm back to its original code and moved the check
for whether the extension is installed into tsStyleConfigForm(), which
is the actual method that renders the config form and extra fields.

I'll be away from my computer until late tonight (US time), so if this
needs to be updated immediately for RC2 or anything like that, feel free
to make any changes.

Thanks,
Jeff