[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8076: New workspace icon for t3skin

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Wed Apr 9 22:24:07 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> "Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]" <ernst at cron-it.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1207767920.3204.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> I was thinking the other way around. My extension wants to provide
>> different icons, depending on the installed skin. t3skin author doesn't
>> know or doesn't care about my module. So in my ext I have:
>>
>> typo3conf/ext/myext/icons/t3skin/module_icon.gif
>> typo3conf/ext/myext/icons/t3skin/ ... other "t3skin-like" icons
>> typo3conf/ext/myext/icons/default/module_icon.gif
>> typo3conf/ext/myext/icons/default/ ... other icons (fallback) ...
>>
>> Any standard way to output the correct icons depending on which skin is
>> installed? That could be used for the "version" sysext, which seem to
>> provide the old fashioned "cm_icon.gif" which doesn't fit the t3skin.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ernesto
>
> ah, gotcha.
>
> no, there is no official way. But i think it would be easy if skinext would
> use something like that:
> $TBE_STYLES['skinExtension'] = 't3skin';
>
> The problem is that skin extensions could be installed parallel so you have
> to get the "last" one, or using an array, i'm not sure.

dudes,

uhhhhh, i did not make the icon. it is default from KDE crystal svg icon set.
the original icon was a real embarassement, i think everyone just got used to it
;-) i don't exactly get what the whole discussion is about. Can't you just also
replace the icon in User Tools? Seems to me a no-brainer.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation