[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7986: Vertical aligned Icons in List-Module

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Apr 9 20:41:35 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 09.04.2008 20:09:
> "Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]" <ernst at cron-it.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1207763490.12347.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>> Yes, I just saw a thread "somewhere" where the issue was briefly
>> discussed. The "V" is really a "version counter", so it might be "1", "2",
>> etc. It is pretty interesting to see that information in the list view,
>> maybe we just don't need it to be a "counter" but a two state icon:
>>
>> a) no versioning record
>> b) versioning record is present and a mouse-over giving us the "count"
>>
>> The icon is already there (see context menu). What do you think?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ernesto
>
> +1,.big advance because it will get stylable.
> The only thing is that we loose information on first view, so i would tend
> to use 2 icons, one for no versions, one for versions (only different color)

That was my suggestion (one icon "a" and one for "b", read above). The
information about the number of versions could be given on mouse-over.

I could imagine when no version record is available that the versioning
icon is our "versioning" icon (the one with the 4 yellow squares) with
the green "(+)" or the "create-new-stars" on the bottom right corner, as
to say "click here to create a new version for this record". If there
are already versions, the icon could be the one we already have with the
mouse-over.

Cheers,
Ernesto