[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7986: Vertical aligned Icons in List-Module

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Apr 8 20:16:36 CEST 2008

Hi!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> I read once a good HCI rule: do not remove toolbar icon, gray it out.
> User must always see familar set of controls, not different controls all
> the time. What does Jens think about it?

Actually I think this is what disturbed me much in the screenshot: all rows are different. I am used to typical toolbars where I see all buttons, I know their positions and I always see that button is not available when it is greyed out. Examples are well-known: any Windows or MacOS app (Word, for example). May be we should the same approach here?

CCying Jens to catch his attention.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team