[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8005: Linking across domains does not work with nested domains

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Apr 7 18:15:55 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 07.04.2008 16:00:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> We shouldn't backport features, but we should fix bug.
>>>
>>> A major version upgrade may be a problem for many reasons. So it's
>>> good to know that TYPO3 is a well supported project that gets bugs
>>> fixed for older releases. This is important for the IT staff.
>>
>> Hm. I am not sure of it is +1 or -1 to revert this commit.
>
> This was no voting, I just stated my opinion on "when to fix a bug"
> situations.
>
> The issue description looks to me more like a bug than a feature. Also
> the fix is a rather small change. So a -1 for a revert.

Looking at http://code.typo3.org/v4/changeset/3542 the change in 4.1
seems to add the complete "typolinkEnableLinksAccrosDomains" feature in
4.1. So it doesn't seem such a trivial fix as we have for the same fix
in 4.2 (which is a "one-liner": http://code.typo3.org/v4/changeset/3541).

So +1 on reverting that on 4.1.

Cheers,
Ernesto