[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8035: 123-Installer shows error in step 1 when no DB connection was set up yet.

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sun Apr 6 15:49:50 CEST 2008

Hey devs,

this is a SVN patch request:

Branches: 4.2 only

Type: Bugfix

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8035

Problem: The installer shows an error on the initial page that it cannot
connect to the DB in the first step of the 1-2-3 installer. Of course,
because the user has to enter the data first. This is a very basic but
annoying bug for people who install TYPO3 the first time, confuses them.

Solution: Only load the list of DB tables once we have a DB connection
(= step2 + 3).

Notes: The attached patch also includes some basic code cleanup
(foreach, comments) since I just couldn't stand this ;). The relevant
code is in the second last hunk (a one-liner, w/ comment).

--
greetings,
benni.