[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6896: TCA eval on TEXT field does not work

Thomas Hempel thomas at typo3-unleashed.net
Thu Apr 3 23:14:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix / Feature

Branches: 4_2

Bugtracker Reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6896

Problem:
Eval methods can not be applied on text fields

Solution:
I implemented the following eval methods for textareas:
trim,required,tx_ as mentioned in the bug report.
The evaluation does not work for RTE editor!

Patch is attached.

Comments:
It might be, that I missed something in the evaluation chain. Please
tell me if it does not work as you expect it.
I also added a test extension with an required and trimmed textarea field.

Greets,
Thomas