[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7982: Rename TYPO3 to TYPO4 and change all libraries accordingly

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Thu Apr 3 07:43:31 CEST 2008

Christoph Koehler kirjoitti:
> In article
> <mailman.1.1207169308.21854.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de>
> GeorgRinger <mail-spam at ringerge.org> wrote:
>>  Georg Ringer wrote:
>>>   Maybe we even should switch every year, like Microsoft does =>
>>> TYPO3  2008.
>
>>  Of course just TYPO2008
>
>>  georg
>
> I like that idea! Oh and +1 on the patch. We at the Web-Empowered
> Church already converted all our extensions to use typo4 internally,
> just waiting for the official commit to make it live.
>
> Christoph

that cause HORRIBLE problems for plugin authors - they include certain
files of make XCLASSes for them and if the file names are changed often
they must make for every main version own plugins. HORRIBLE!!!

If file names changes constantly I believe that plugin authors will
loose their interest and change to more stable CMS.