[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix/Feature #5779

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Sep 26 17:46:21 CEST 2007

Hi !

This is a SVN patch request.

Branch: Trunk

Bug #5779:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=577

Problem:
When you administer your fileadmin (the templates and/or pictures there)
with SVN, CVS or similar revision tools - you will soon see requirement
to hide the files/directories created by those tools to the "normal" editor.

A similar patch has recenty(?) been applied to the Extension Manager -
nowadays .svn directories do not get listed any more when choosing "Edit
files" in the EM.

Solution:
Add a check to the classes (in /typo3/ directory) responsible for
rendering the file-listing and the file-browse-tree.
Add a method "t3lib_div::fileIgnore($file)" in t3lib_div which is a
commmon entry point for letting those files get checked.

Notes:
The patch got a little bit more complicated as previously expected as
Dmitry required the special feature that ".htaccess" files are visible
even if you hide all "." files - where I do not see that this is really
necessary - I prefer to edit .htaccess fils via shell/ftp - as when I
make an error the whole site probably wont work anymore ...

As it is not possible to "negate" a regular expression (search for
"negate regular expression" on google - or try it yourself) - i had to
make the "fileIgnorePattern" store two patterns seperated by "||" ...
whereas the first pattern defines which files get ignored and the second
one which files are allowed.

Dmitry: I hope your wish is taken in aspect with this solution as wanted
:) :)

Files attached:
fileIgnore_2007-09-26.diff

greets,