[TYPO3-core] RFC: Add external RemoveXSS library to TYPO3

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Sep 26 09:32:14 CEST 2007

Michael Stucki wrote:
> To me this looks exactly like it's a problem to include such code in a GPL (no
> matter if v2 or v3) project, even if the author has approved it so clearly.
>
> Since this looks so weird to me, the next question for me is:
> Why should we care?

I think there is an answer here:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLModuleLicense

Q: If I add a module to a GPL-covered program, do I have to use the GPL as the license for my module?
A: The GPL says that the whole combined program has to be released under the GPL. So your module has to be available for use under the GPL.

Module has to be available *for use* under GPL but it *does not have to be* GPL itself! So we are free to go. We just have to say more precizely in that file: the author has given *typo3 team* permission to use and modify this piece of code in whatever way. "Used with permission" is not very clear.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/