[TYPO3-core] RFC: Put JavaScript files into separate directory

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Tue Sep 25 13:44:29 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>
>> what do you think about moving the JavaScript files to a separate
>> directory in ./typo3/ and ./t3lib/, like e.g. ./typo3/jslib/ and
>> ../t3lib/jslib/? This new directories could also have the name 'jsfunc',
>> instead of 'jslib'...
>
>> What do you think?
>
> Benni already introduced a directory /typo3/js/

"js" is long enough, no need for "func" or lib in the name of the
directory and the files.

> +1 for new files

Agreed.

> -1 for old files, would break to much stuff.

I'm also concerned that this might break extensions.

*sigh* I wish 5.0 wouldn't habe been announced that way. Otherwise we
could remove some stuff and rearrange some other and call it 5.0. Moving
files around in a minor release doesn't look to good to me.

Masi