[TYPO3-core] Fixed bug #1471: Using Index Search on images without having exif enabled results in a fatal error

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Sep 24 14:40:20 CEST 2007

Hi!

Andreas Otto wrote:
> Because it is a nobrainer I have already committed the patch.

Just a side note... I found that function_exists may still return true while is_callable returns false and function call may still fail.

* * *

I was ready to send this message when decided to check what PHP docs say about function_exists. Found this:
Note that a function name may exist even if the function itself is unusable due to configuration or compiling options (*with the image functions being an example*).
So your check still may succeed and result in error at runtime. I have no solution. Let's just keep this fact here in the list for history.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/