[TYPO3-core] RFC: Make the "Doc" module a sysext

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Fri Sep 21 17:50:00 CEST 2007

Hey Dmitry,

first: yes, I'll use the "standard message format" for my next requests.
thx.

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> I think "user_" prefix should not be used because it creates
> confusion. "user_" is reserved for having something local to the
> system, which does not go public. May be just "docs" will do?
Agreed, user_ is kinda confusing. I also think that "docs" is confusing,
since people think it's documentation (which it is /not/ -- it's a
"shortcut" for editing opened documents). So, I'd go with
"open_documents" as extension key.

> I think should be removed by default. Never saw anyone interested in
> it.
Yeah, I think I like that idea better. If somebody is missing it, she/he
can activate it with two clicks...  I again see it that way: About 80
percent of all the people don't use it, so it's nice to have it
deactivated by default. The other 20 percent that use it right now can
activate it pretty easily.

> "Documentation"?
As stated in my other reply, "Documents" would probably be the best.

Thanks for your comments.

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-