[TYPO3-core] RFC: minify JavaScript

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Sep 19 09:41:50 CEST 2007

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Nice idea. But I think that you can retain the original file name
> "typo3temp/js_min/tree.js".

Currently inline2TempFile creates a hashed name (`'javascript_' . md5($jsString) . '.js'`). It is good because scripts may depend on browsers, logged in user, etc. But there is no tracking for file usage, thus huge amount of files is left and has to be cleaned manually.

I would prefer to have function like inline2TempFile but with removal of matching files after some time. I do notthing we need a tracking mechanism there. But we definitely need unique names for such scripts.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/