[TYPO3-core] RFC: minify JavaScript

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Tue Sep 18 23:00:50 CEST 2007

Hey Dmitry,

nice... being the one giving the ideas in others' heads.

OK. Here are my two cents:

I researched a bit for jsmin (was a bit sceptic in the beginning), and
it looks good to me, so +1 for using it in general.
After this went to core, we can start writing a BE function for the
backend javascripts as a next step.

As for your patch. I think Masi's comments are quite useful:

* rename TS to config.minimizeJS = 1
* turn TS option on by default
* rename div method to minimizeJavascript
* additional TS error (see Masi's code)
* rename the file in the contrib dir to contrib/jsmin/jsmin.php and
write the version as a comment in the file, so we can upgrade easier and
don't need to change all the places we use it (ok, it's going to be one
place anyway ;-)).

Could you fix these issues and send me another patch? I'll test it then
right away and (hopefully) give my +1.

Thanks, Dmitry!

benni.
-SDG-