[TYPO3-core] RFC: minify JavaScript

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Tue Sep 18 22:49:20 CEST 2007

Hey Martin,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Nice idea. But I think that you can retain the original file name
> "typo3temp/js_min/tree.js".

Yeah, but what happens if an extension has a file named "tree.js" as
well? I don't want to interfere with that, that's why we could create a
hash out of "typo3/tree.js" which then would be stored in
typo3temp/js_min/MYHASH.js -- makes sense?

> Why a hash? Or better, a hash based on what? rtehtmlarea uses hashes
> with its own version number to avoid browser cache problems. Hm, maybe
> we could use the TYPO3 version number for it (as default).
That's right, the cached file will make trouble the first time after
you've upgraded to a newer TYPO3 version.

Maybe we should trigger a clearing of the js_min cache every time
somebody clears (what I call) the "System Cache" (clear typo3conf/
cache), or at some other place?

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-