[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix for Image Generation in t3lib_div

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Sep 18 09:36:14 CEST 2007

Am 17.09.2007 um 22:22 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

> In this case the (internal) function can be removed completely.

I'm not sure whether this'll be so easy... who knows who accesses
this method... That's why I'd keep it as a wrapper.

> I am a bit reluctant to remove it like that, when there is such an
> elaborate comment above the code. Anybody knows which PHP version the
> comment is about?
>
> And, more interesting, why creates ImagePng() a black background?
> Has it
> something to do with imagealphablending() or if the image is
> created by
> imagecreatetruecolor() or a simple imagecreate()?

In this case the original image was a gif image, it was then
converted to png using GM and kept the transparency.
Then it was read with imagefrompng() and the first overlay was
applied an written to disk using imagepng(). All cool and nice until
here, still transparent. After that the same $im image resource was
used to apply the second overlay and when writing it to disk (with
imagepng()) this time it got the black background...

So I don't know what happens there... and as it works with the plain
imagecopyresized() I'd just go for it as you would...

Ingo