[TYPO3-core] RFC: no table icons shown when endtime is used

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Thu Sep 13 16:01:14 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner writes:

>>> Dude, if I say "on" you can be sure that I mean that I turned icon
>>> generartion on. So actually I turned noIconProc off for your
>>> understanding. Nevertheless this doesn't change anything. It's   working
>>> as
>>> expected.
>> This is strange. I can reproduce this on several independant TYPO3
>> installations. noIconProc is off by default in the Install Tool. So  this
>> is
>> the case for which this patch is needed to get no question mark  symbol
>> any
>> more if an end time has been entered into the record. Which  extension
>> did
>> you use for the test and which version number?
>
> I used your tt_products. How about removing the noIconProc option and
> turning it on by default instead?
If you use TYPO3 trunk you will end up in this branch:

} elseif ($doNotGenerateIcon)   {               // If no icon generation can
be done, try to look for the _X icon:
	$iconFileName_X =
ereg_replace('.([[:alnum:]]+)$','__x.\1',basename($iconfile));
	if (@is_file(dirname($absfile).'/'.$iconFileName_X))    {
		return dirname($iconfile).'/'.$iconFileName_X;
	} else {
		return 'gfx/i/no_icon_found.gif';
	}

So I wonder which $iconFileName_X has been set in your installation and
where this icon comes from. Maybe it has somehow been autogenerated?

This would be fine with me to change the default of noIconProc to 1. This
would be even better, because otherwise hardly anybody knows about this
feature.

 - Franz