[TYPO3-core] FYI: setting the requirement to PHP 5.1

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Sep 10 11:31:42 CEST 2007

Hi Ernesto,

>> I've updated the requirements in trunk and removed checks not needed any
>> more. I have also deleted t3lib/compat_php5.php
>>
>> I've set the version to 5.1 as, I couldn't find any resolution whether
>> we would wait for SUSE etc to ship with PHP 5.2.
>>
>> There is only one PHP 5.2 check left in the Core:
>> typo3/mod/tools/em/class.em_xmlhandler.php looks for preg_last_error()
>
> Makes sense. Only sad think is that my good old SuSE 9.2 development
> server will have to finally retire. Up until yesterday TYPO3-trunk
> worked (with just a minor patch).
>
> But the Debian Etch server is already ready and will make much more fun!

For those of you who like, I have a manual ready about using PHP with
mod_fcgid. This will allow you to switch versions very easily or even use
them similar on different VirtualHosts.

The document will be released later since the current version is still
considered as beta-state. But if you promise me to give me some feedback,
you can get it from me!

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out