[TYPO3-core] RFC: Hide empty TDynTabs

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Sep 6 20:05:22 CEST 2007

Hello,

This is an SVN patch request.

(This time makes sense :)

Problem:
When editing a record with DynTabs it can be the case that a tab is empty because no fields
are shown (probably because of excludeField settings, TSConfig, etc.)

In this case just an empty tab gets shown.

It could be wanted by the Admin that such empty Tabs get hidden and when only one Tab remains
no Tabs get shown at all.

Solution:
Modify t3lib_tceforms.php and typo3/template.php accordingly to the attached diff.

See the difference at:

http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/hideEmptyTabs_patch.png

I also added the configuration option to t3lib/config_default.php so it can get set in the install
tool.
By default I set it to "off" ... I heard Kasper wants new features "on" by default. If this is the
case I could set the value to 1 when commiting.

greets,
Bernhard