[TYPO3-core] Improved page tree (and lots of other fixes)

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Sep 6 10:16:55 CEST 2007

Hi!

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> Finally, I'm fine if you turn it off by default. It's not a personal
> thing for me. My point is only that we as developers question a way we
> always did things and try something slightly different. Learn something
> new.

This is great point but imagine of we have to explain it to all
customers after upgrade and tell them what it is... And disable it if
they do not like it.

As a developer I really like this new feature, I think it is great
(+1!)! But being everyday editor myself, I do not like it because it
takes more space on the screen and I never search for pages (I know
where they are). It changes the order in each I arranged my pages (-1!).
I like that order and I do not anything else to change it without my
explicit permission.

So it is double effect: great thing for developers and *new* users but
not good for existing ones. Possibly we can make update wizard to care
about it? It can include an option to enable this functionality. So by
default it will be disabled for old and enabled for new installations.

What do you think?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/