[TYPO3-core] Improved page tree (and lots of other fixes)

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2007 at typo3.com
Thu Sep 6 08:40:17 CEST 2007

>> options.pageTree.dontSeparateNotinmenuPages => If set, pages not
>> shown
>> in the menu will be organized as they are ordered among other
>> pages. By
>> Default they will be organized alphabetically in a separate section.
>
> can we turn separating of pages off by default, please?

-1

My view is that we should be more courageous and enable new features
which are improvements. If this is an improvement in the eyes of the
majority (or by informed opinion) we should enable it. However, who
is to judge? This is where we might like to have people from the HCI
team to support us.

Even if eventually most people would like it turned off by default I
suggest that we do that very late in the process, simply because I
would like to see examples of how people would react to such changes
that are more visible than usual.

Finally, I'm fine if you turn it off by default. It's not a personal
thing for me. My point is only that we as developers question a way
we always did things and try something slightly different. Learn
something new.

- kasper