[TYPO3-core] contrib/json.php vs PHP json_encode

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Sep 5 16:14:15 CEST 2007

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> all that should be fine with our targeted features for 4.2. I'd rather
> go for PHP's implementation because of speed.

Generally I will too but not in this case. This particular speed is not
a biggest factor for BE. We still have icons loading each time when page
tree refreshes. It will take much more time for client than json speed
differencies. I do not like unforgivenesses of this library and that
there is another library, which is closer to browsers' implementations.

Let's say this: it is not a -1 but a dislike of a particular json
implementation :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/