[TYPO3-core] RFC: installer doesn't honour fourceCharset (bug #1358)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Sep 5 15:08:28 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> I just noticed that if we use forceCharset in the installer we should
>> use it in the BE login screen as well to make localized labels work
>> properly.
>
> are there any such complications? If so, I'd consider it a bug, too.

When you change the BE login labels (in the installer) to German using
umlauts, the charset must match. Currently the installer and the form use
always iso-8859-1. If the installer swicthes to forceCharset then the form
must change as well.

BTW, the new installer needs a section to localize the form
labels/messages. And the login page needs a HTTP language negotiation and a
language select drop-down :-)

Masi